Why oh why oh why?! It turns out that, after two weeks of perfectly sunny and warm days, this Sunday the weather will be crappier than the crappiest worst case scenario I had dared think of! It will be cold, very windy and rainy! We’re going to have to move the party or the day of the party…these are the options:
1. have it at home (not keen on the idea…but then again, there’s nothing to be broken or that’s irreplaceable, save The Man’s Mac)
2. have it in a rented farmhouse though still waiting for availability/cost from the agency we contacted. And, by the way, don’t you just HATE how every single house on this island is nowadays called a farmhouse? Were there any animals ever living under its roof? No. Was it ever home to a farmer? No. In fact, most of these so called farmhouses are newly built…ahhh I digress! Back to the party plan B options…
3. change the date to the following Sunday. But what if the weather changes again?
I’m in the throes of despair right now. The Man is, as always, as calm as can be. Thank God there’s him to balance me out…right now we’re like the Queen and King of Hearts.
Me: “OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!”
The Man: “Ehm..whose heads darling?”
Me: “THE MET OFFICE PEOPLE! THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE MET OFFICE WEBSITE! ANYONE!!!”
I’ve even got the hair colour to match…