Happy Monday to everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! (Can you tell I’m desperately trying to cheer myself up?)
Okay, today is the day to come clean. I’ve been pretty quiet lately, very uncharacteristically so. I couldn’t write much because all I could think of were my woes and it won’t do to bore you with the little (not to me) things that keep ‘coming in my way’. So I’ve decided to unload the bad onto this space and try and find a solution to each because life is too short to waste it feeling sorry for oneself. This is what’s been giving me grief:
- I’m back to the android days. Writing this hurts and I mean physically hurts. My husband had to get up (again) in the middle of the night to rub my neck and stop my sobbing. It took me a good three minutes to get out of bed today because I couldn’t find a way to lift my head. Basically, my neck is KILLING me.
- Solution: treat the existing inflammation/tight muscles by going for a few sessions with Martin **(now dubbed Martin Magic Hands), drink a lot more water (I could get by with two glasses a day but apparently that won’t do anything for my health) and start yoga again.
- My almost constant headaches.
- Solution: they are caused by inflamed sinuses and by my painful neck muscles. The latter is being addressed. The former will considerably improve after this week as I am leaving work at the shop. Much as I love them, the candles there have been a major source of pain for me the past few months and staying away from them (and sick customers) should help relieve the pain I get in my forehead and face.
- I am leaving full time employment, which freaks me out no end. I’ve never, since the day I finished my studies, not worked. With the exception of two months after Maia was born, I worked every single day. This will mean no salary, having to ask husband for money (I hate depending on people that way) and the risk of becoming a housewife (with all due respect to housewives, whom I really admire).
- Solution: leaving the shop will also mean I will no longer have any excuses not to pursue what I really want to do professionally. It has taken me years to get to this point but I can finally say that I know what I want to do when I grow up. It’s been staring me in the face since I was a child and I never acknowledged it. I am constantly reading and correcting what other people write and the satisfaction that gives me is a tad embarrassing. I also derive the greatest pleasure from writing, be it shopping lists or this humble little blog. Why it took me so long to realise that I could charge for the editing and proofreading I already do is beyond me but that’s what I will be concentrating on now.
Okay, that’s enough whining for one day! I intend to spend the rest of the day focusing on what makes me happy and there’s plenty of that to help me get by. A plus tard!
**I’ve already been to the first session on Saturday and he had to practically kick me out. Although it hurts when I’m in this state, I didn’t want him to stop. The poor man will be seeing me again today. I’ll let you know how that goes.