These past few weeks (months, even) have been trying. Most of the time I have felt overwhelmed by everything around me. Call it hormones, call it negativity…it still felt like I was walking around with a dark cloud hanging over me. Life is what it is, it throws the good and the bad at you. The only difference between happy and unhappy people is their attitude. I used to be a far more positive person than I am now but the older I get, the more difficult it is for me to look at the bright side.
So I have decided to zoom out. If all of us had to zoom out and look at our lives as a whole instead of focusing on particular episodes or periods, then all of us would be grateful. This is the view when I zoom out on my life:
- I’ve had a happy childhood and have a great (and large) family;
- I am blessed with friends who are as good as (if not better than) family;
- I thought I’d never have children and yet I will soon be a mum to two;
- I definitely never imagined I’d meet someone whom I loved so much I’d want to spend my life with, but I did;
- I have a home. It might still be very bare and light years away from the way I would like it to look, but it’s home;
- I’ve never in my life gone hungry (you can say that again!);
- I might have a cold and a painful neck but I am not bed-bound or forced to stay in hospital.
There is so much more I am grateful for but what’s listed above is what really counts.
How about you? What do you see when you zoom out?